Florida State University’s accreditation is reaffirmed every ten years by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) is a private, non-profit, voluntary organization founded in 1895 in Atlanta, Georgia.
To be accredited and reaffirmed, the university must demonstrate compliance with the SACS Principles of Accreditation and prepare a Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP). Reaffirmation of accreditation by the Commission on Colleges involves extensive evaluation of compliance by off-site peer review, an onsite review, and review by the Commission’s Board of Trustees. For more information about SACSCOC, please see http://www.sacscoc.org/.
- SACS Planning Document
- SACS Narrative Writer’s Guide
- Checklist for SACSCOC Narrative
- Compliance Certification Report (narrative only)
- Compliance Certification Report (full report)
- Focused Report, February 2014
- FSU Panama City (Florida): Summary Narrative
- FSU Panama (Republic of Panama): Summary Narrative
- FSU at Asolo Conservatory (Sarasota): Summary Narrative